One Star

Password less SCP

Hi,
In one of my integration job, I am creating a file which needs to be scp'ed to a remote server. Our Tech support team did setup the password less SCP between my local server and the remote server and I am able to manually scp the file from my local server (execution server) to the remote server with the following command.
scp /talend/leo/omsleo/output/aut_edi.txt lebotrn@leustd02:/output/aut_edi.txt
However, when I try to use the tSCPPut in the talend job that generates the file /talend/leo/omsleo/output/aut_edi.txt, it doesn't seem to work. The authentication method is "private key". I deployed the job into the SVN server and when I run the job, the job runs fine, but it is not transferring the file from local server to remote server. There is no error message also.
Can some one help?
Thanks,
Balaji.
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Password less SCP

Hi Balaji
When the value of Filelist->Source is not correct, you won't get any error and nothing will happen in remote directory. Please recheck it.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks for the reply pedro.
The file list has the following text.
context.baseDir + "/" + StringHandling.DOWNCASE(context.projectName) + "/output/aut_edi.txt" which translates to "/talend/leo/omsleo/output/aut_edi.txt"
It is the same name used in the tFileOutputPositional component which creates this file.
Thanks,
Balaji.
One Star

Hi Balaji
Sorry. I think maybe I miss some detail.
Because there isn't any authentication error or other errors. I test tSCPPut at my local machine,
it works fine.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
I tried the manual SCP from my local server to the remote server and it works fine. The public key of local machine is in the "authorized_keys" of the remote server. However, it doesn't work in talend. Is there a way to debug the tSCPPut component? I tried a OnComponentError and OnComponentOk with two tJava components to display the status, but the results are not expected.
Number of files transferred = 0
SCP Put Status = Blank.
File Name transferred = null
And the above is the output from tJava which is connected using OnComponentOk.
Thanks,
Balaji.
One Star

Hi Balaji
Could you show us the settings of tSCPPut?
A screenshot is preferred.
Which version of TOS do you use?
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
I am not sure what was wrong, but it is working now after I deleted and re-inserted the tSCPPut component in the job. The screenshot of the tSCPPut component is shown below.
I am using TIS 4.2.4. The job will be running as a shell script on a local linux box with "talend" as the userid. For the private key, I gave the id_dsa location as "/home/talend/.ssh/id_dsa".
Thanks for your response and help.
Thanks,
Balaji.
One Star

Hi Balaji
Glad to know it has been fixed.
So this may be due to code generation or some unexpected faults.
Regards,
Pedro