Passing a value from a parent Job to a child Job

Four Stars

Passing a value from a parent Job to a child Job

I have to design a Talend program with a Flat File input to an Oracle Database where I have a header record to store and 6-7 child records I need to store with Foreign key pointers in the header.  Am looking for a program flow and or video or steps how to do this - the more detailed the better as this will be my 1st real life Talend   How do I capture the Foregin keys and store them in the Header record?  Obviously I can't do a commit to the database until I have stored all the children records and updated the header record to avoid ophans - Have don this in other languages, just have no Idead how to get started in Talend

Thanks for the help

Jeb

Re: Passing a value from a parent Job to a child Job

Hello,

Please let us know if this article is helpful for you:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Passing-a-value-from-a-parent-Job-to-a-child-...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Passing a value from a parent Job to a child Job

Thank you Sabrina -

This gives me a start - the State of RI decided to go with Talend after we came on board and no one knows it - I have been doing the videos & tutorial, but when we finally saw the Oracle database I realize we/I need a lot more guidance. I have a lot Informatica ETL experience, but nothing with Talend.  The User is sending a flat file and I have to Create the Header record and then the child records and update the Header with the pointers from these children record.  This gives me a start Much Kudos, I read the in MySQL you could capture the :Last Insenter Key, but not in Oracle - Is that so? The first project will be straight add of the New Header Vendor Records, & the child are Bank, Address Etc. Have a flow in my head but no Talend experience on how to do it.  Have written my  boss and said we need to get some help - Know of anyone in RI area

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.