Seven Stars

Passing Parameter to DotNet Library Method

Hi,

I am trying to interact with my .Net library method. Instead of passing multiple parameters to the .Net method I want to pass only one parameter which will contain the columns of the input row s shown in the attachment where we are passing multiple parameters (Name, Age) in the format mentioned below

input_row.Name

input_row.Age

Instead of above mentioned technique I tried to pass only one parameter by mentioning only “input_row” but got an error. “Object reference not set to instance of an object”.

Can any one please tell me if its possible?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: Passing Parameter to DotNet Library Method

Yes, If You want to exchange data with external system, You need use one of formats 

of course it could be files as well

-----------
5 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

absolutely correct error

if You want send only one parameter - You must first prepare it

as variant use tJavaFlex, and define new parameter - as string, json or etc what accepted by Your service

output_row.parameter=input_row.name+";"+input_row.age;
-----------
Seven Stars

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

But the method which you are saying doesn't sound an optimal method. Because as per my requirements there could be up to 50 fields which I may need to send to my DOTNET Library and creating a single string with some delimiter doesn't sound an optimal way. As I will have to split all the fields and then process them.

Can't we send single object to the DotNet library. This object I am expecting is to have all the fields that I need to pass. 

Eleven Stars

I not 100% sure, what are You mean for "object"

but just few standard ways inter application / technologies exchange:

- string
- JSON

- XML

Talend is Java, .NET is .. .NET Smiley Happy
before send something - need create something standard for both technology, sender must create it, receiver parse

other way - You can create any code in Java for work with Your .NET service 

-----------
Seven Stars

Hi,

Just for your information by DotNet Object I mean creating a class with two or more properties. Then creating object of that class filling the properties with Data and then passing that DotNet object to Talend.

But as Talend is in Java it can't understand the DotNet Object. Please confirm if am right or wrong.

I think I got your point.

Did you mean If I have to exchange data between my DotNet library and Talend? Then that could be done only following 3 means

a. String or Integer

b. XML

c. JSON

Eleven Stars

Yes, If You want to exchange data with external system, You need use one of formats 

of course it could be files as well

-----------