Pass values from parent Job to child using tBufferOutput/tBufferInput

Two Stars

Pass values from parent Job to child using tBufferOutput/tBufferInput

Hi , 
I am working on a scenario where i pass call rest service and execute some job in talend. I need to save the parameters  fetched from the Rest service to tBufferOutput and reuse these parameters in tBufferInput in a different Job (child Job), which will be eventually called by this parent JOb.
As of now I am not getting the values saved in the tBufferOutput in tBufferInput.
Is there any Gap? or it is not feasible ?
Shall i switch to saving these values returned from the tRest component into some flat file and red them or something else?

Thanks & regards, 

Re: Pass values from parent Job to child using tBufferOutput/tBufferInput

Hi,
Are you using tRunJob in an independent process? When tRunJob runs in an independent process, it can't extract datas from tBufferOutput because the parent job and the child job are run in different JVM.
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Tongueassing a value from a parent Job to a child Job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download