Pass job list dynamically to execute one by one on trun job

Four Stars

Pass job list dynamically to execute one by one on trun job

Hi,

I am working on  reading job names from Database table and iterate jobs  list one by one to pass list of jobs to trun job component and execute all jobs one by one dynamically with out choosing list of jobs from repository.

I am doing exact the same flow (using Talend 6.4) you mentioned in the below post.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/TOS-5-0-1-tRunJob-use-dynamic-job-fails-not-i...

tFileInputDelimited--row1(main)--tFlowToIterate--tJava--oncomponentok--tRunJob

1.  After getting list of jobs I need to pass all these jobs using dynamic option on trun job component to do this we need to browse all the jobs from the result and check the list of jobs then only we can run child jobs.

Do we have option to execute all these child jobs without selecting by manually and execute all above list of child jobs one by one.

2. Please provide details for when the job is started,I will assign  context/any variable value as processing, once job competed status changed to finished.

Re: Pass job list dynamically to execute one by one on trun job

Hello,

To have tRunjob call a dynamic subjob, you do have every job that you want that "Father" job to be able to call in the list. You shouldn't include any "Child" jobs in the list that this "Father" job will never call.

Here is a related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/tRunJob-Dynamic-Jobs-Context-Passing-Not-Work...

Let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema