One Star

Pass filename to tFileInputDelimited from java

I call a Job from java, that must open a .csv file and do something with the content...
I need to be able to configure the name and path of the file to read.
How do I do that?
I would prefer to be able to set a parameter in a .properties file or to call runJob(...) from java with the filename as a parameter.
Regards
Morten
3 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Pass filename to tFileInputDelimited from java

You can use context variables for nearly every setting. This contexts and their variables can be accessed and changed in a ContextName.properties file in your exported job.
To set and use context variables, just press F5 in a Talend settings field or set them directly via contexts tab in the lower part of the Talend window.

Regards
Theo
One Star

Thanks, that clarified quite a bit.
Now I can create the context variable and use it from Talend.
I can export the job script to a zip file containing libraries, the job in a .jar file.
Now I want to be able to change the properties, in the job, that is started from an existing application. This means that I need to be able to edit the properties file and use that.
The .properties file is a part of the .jar file, so editing that and using the .jar file afterwards would require that i unzip the jar, edit it and jar it again.
I would like to be able to control it from java, like setting the context by passing the context to the runJob method:
runJob("--context=Production");
and refer to a Production.properties file somewhere in the classpath.
Where should I put the Production.properties file if the described way of using the job works?
Employee

.properties file have to be stored in the classpath of YOUR java classes at runtime.
HTH,