OutputStream with tAdvancedFileOutputXML

One Star

OutputStream with tAdvancedFileOutputXML

Hi,
Can anybody explain how to use the option "Use output Stream"? what's the component used for this option?
Thanks in advance...
Ganesh.S
Community Manager

Re: OutputStream with tAdvancedFileOutputXML

Hi
Use the Java object FileOutputStream have already been defined on previous component as the file path, please see my screenshots.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong, 
I dont find any screenshots for this outputstream usage in tAdvancedFileOutputXML. Kindly help

Hi sairamkumar,
Please see my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
My scenario is this. 
Have a multischema complex with below structure. Able to generate the XML using tFileOutputMSXML. But it takes more than 30 minutes to generate. Hence trying to do the same with tAdvancedFileOutputXML by using Append the source XML. Not able to do it because there is no id at group level hence it replaces the content.
Queries:
1. How to speed up my XML generation using tFileOutputMSXML?
2. How to generate below complex XML using tAdvancedFileOutputXML?
Ideally my aim is to generate multischema at high speed.
<Msg>
<hd>
<id>1</id>
</hd>
<videos>
<base>b1</base>
<video> - complex and repeats for 50,000 iterations
<id>1</id>
<url>site1</url>
</video>
<video>
<id>2</id>
<url>site2</url>
</video>
</videos>
<Images>
<base>b1</base>
<Image> - complex and repeats for 50,000 iterations
<id>1</id>
<url>site1</url>
</Image>
<Image>
<id>2</id>
<url>site2</url>
</Image>
</Images>
</Msg>

Hi sairamkumar,
What's your Input source? and how large? Could you please share your current work flow screenshot with us?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Screenshot attached. This is my job using tFileOutputMSXML component and it is slow.
Table 1 fetch is the entry point in the job.

Hi,
You can use append feature on tAdvancedFileOutput instead of tFileOutputMSXML.
Please have a look at KB article:TalendHelpCenter:Append the source xml file feature
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I tried to do using tAdvancedFileOutputXML. It is taking more time than tFileOutputMSXML. 
Kindly help to get a solution for this. We are using Talend enterprise version and still not able to improve the performance for XML generation.

Hi sairamkumar,
What's the job rate when you were using tAdvancedFileOutputXML?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
By using tAdvancedFileOutputXML, it is taking 13.64 minutes for generating an XML of size 200 MB with 100,000 iterations.

Hi,
Actually, it is a normal rate. Could you share us your whole job flow screenshot so that we can see if there is any improvement in your job design.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Screenshots of the job is attached. First one is the complete screenshot of the job. Second one is the cursor size set for the database fetch component. Please check and revert on any improvements possible.
One Star

Hi,
Please respond for my query.