Ouptut to Web-API

Four Stars

Ouptut to Web-API

Hello,

I have aJob in the Open Studio for Big Data, which reads content from a sourve, convert it, and finally i got the rows and put it in an mysql-Database with tMysqlOutput-component. Instead of this tMysqlOutput-compoment I want to put the content of the row as xml or json-String  to an Web-Url. I have tried the components tHttpRequest and tRest, but that is not the soulution: Post-Parameters for tHttpRequest has to come from a file, and the tRest-component cannot use the row data. 

Are there any output components which I can use?

Thanks for help and regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: Ouptut to Web-API

Use a tFlowToIterate and iterate from that. The your values for that iteration will be stored in the globalMap HashMap with the key "{rowname}.{columnname}" of the row going into the tFlowToIterate. So, as an example, if you have a row called row1 connecting to the tFlowToIterate and the row has 3 columns (col1 as a String, col2 as an Integer, and col3 as a Long), then you can access the values using the code below...

((String)globalMap.get("row1.col1"))
((Integer)globalMap.get("row1.col2"))
((Long)globalMap.get("row1.col3"))

All Replies
Employee

We have tRestClient (for Rest) and tESBConsumer (for Soap) where you can pass an XML or JSON payload as a document to the component.  Check out their documentation on https://help.talend.com

Four Stars

Thanks for the tip. But with this component I have no Chance to connect from e.g. tFileInputExcel. My Idea was, send some data directly to a rest-URL And If i choose "iterate", i have no row- Variables, which i can use as parameter for the rest-url.

Possible some code in tjavarow may help, or is there a possible solution with tRest ?

Thanks for help and kind regards

Thomas

Sixteen Stars

Use a tFlowToIterate and iterate from that. The your values for that iteration will be stored in the globalMap HashMap with the key "{rowname}.{columnname}" of the row going into the tFlowToIterate. So, as an example, if you have a row called row1 connecting to the tFlowToIterate and the row has 3 columns (col1 as a String, col2 as an Integer, and col3 as a Long), then you can access the values using the code below...

((String)globalMap.get("row1.col1"))
((Integer)globalMap.get("row1.col2"))
((Long)globalMap.get("row1.col3"))
Four Stars

Thats it! With this I can post the contents to the URL - Good solutions, which saves a lot of time. Thanks!

Regards

Thomas

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.