Oracle to MongoDB is removing one day from dates

Five Stars

Oracle to MongoDB is removing one day from dates

Hi,
I am actually using the mongDB API via a tLibraryLoad component, as I find this easier to build complex multi-level documents using tJavaRow and tJava components, than using the MongoDB palette components.
I am reading in data from Oracle which are date values with a zero time stamp component:
29-JUN-08 00.00.00

The records in mongo shell appear to be the previous day.  You can see the record is inserted as the 28-JUN-2008.

"status_date" : ISODate("2008-06-28T23:00:00Z")

It is almost as if mongoDB sees a midnight date as the end of the previous day, rather than the start of the 29th June 2008.
In my schema I have specified the Oracle columns as Date and DB Type of Date.
I expect this is related to UTC.  However I am not sure where the UTC offset is being introduced.  I am running the job locally on my PC which is UTC+00 (UK).  In Oracle I am storing the date as a "date" and not a "timezone with timestamp" so am not even storing the timezone in the database.  
All I want is the stored date to be captured in mongoDB as captured in Oracle....
Any advice appreciated.
Regards
Stephen

Carpe Diem

Re: Oracle to MongoDB is removing one day from dates

Hi Stephen,
Could you please also indicate the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Is this what you require?
I believe this is to do with Daylight Saving Time.   MongoDB is looking at the raw time from Oracle, and then adjusting due to DST for some reason....If I change my locale settings in Windows to US, then the changes to the dates adjust as to when they kick in - in accordance with DST in the US.
Talend Unified Platform feature 6.0.1.20150908_1633 org.talend.tup.feature.feature.group Talend.
Regards
Stephen

Carpe Diem
Highlighted
One Star

Any update or answers here?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download