Six Stars

Oracle ELT Union

I'm creating a number of ELT mappings as part of a POC for a client. So far I've been able to implement almost all logic I need in the ELT Input/Map/Output component. 

The only crucial bit I'm missing is creating a UNION between 2 queries. Is there any way this could be achieved using the standard functionality of the ELT components, or alternatively, is there a workaround which I can use to achieve this?

In this case, i'm building these mappings using the Oracle components, but i think none of the ELT component families support UNION.

Please note that switching to ETL based components is not an option, and it is specifically required to use these components (so no full queries in a tOracleRow component).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: Oracle ELT Union

Hi,

michaelpaulus wrote:

I'm creating a number of ELT mappings as part of a POC for a client. So far I've been able to implement almost all logic I need in the ELT Input/Map/Output component. 

The only crucial bit I'm missing is creating a UNION between 2 queries. Is there any way this could be achieved using the standard functionality of the ELT components, or alternatively, is there a workaround which I can use to achieve this?

In this case, i'm building these mappings using the Oracle components, but i think none of the ELT component families support UNION.

Please note that switching to ETL based components is not an option, and it is specifically required to use these components (so no full queries in a tOracleRow component).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Could you please give us some screenshots of your current job design and setting?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: Oracle ELT Union

Hi Sabrina,

Please find a screenshot below

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.26.40.png

Currently, the STG_UNI_SRC and SAT_UNI_SRC mappings are physically delivering data to the same temp table.

In a next step, I use this temp table as input to generate a new query using the ELT components.

This defies the purpose of the build a bit, as I just want to UNION the STG_UNI_SRC and SAT_UNI_SRC queries, and do a couple of transformations on a subsequent ELTMap, so that the whole logic is pushed to the DB in one go.

Thanks a bunch for your help.