Oracle Connection

One Star

Oracle Connection

Hi everyone,
Why my job can't retrieve the schema if I use an existing connection (Oracle) at tOracleInput. I throws an error something about driver. Schema can be retrieved only if I define the connection settings again.
FYI, I use context value from config file (external file), that's why I didn't use metadata.
Your help is very much appreciated!

Re: Oracle Connection

Hi,
When i met this issue, just choose the Repository and click the "...." option in Schema to find is there the related schema of your table. But for your situation,
FYI, I use context value from config file (external file), that's why I didn't use metadata.

i never use context value before.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
When i met this issue, just choose the Repository and click the "...." option in Schema to find is there the related schema of your table.
Sabrina

So it must be from repository and cannot from built-in schema?
Thanks and regards,
Rozie

Hi,
Yes, I often do this to solve such issue, why do you try it and let me know the result.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

This problem is caused by a inconsistent library path for the generated java program. I had this problem also recently (with an other database) and solved this: delete <talend-studio-install-dir>/configuration/ComponentCache.javacache
Normally the tOracleConnection knows it libs and carry all necessary jars. As a developer you usually cannot do anything wrong here.
If you create an connection not by dragging it from repository it should also find the driver, because the repository fills only the host, schema, user, password etc. data and not the driver class name or help loading it.