One Star

Optimizing GUI

Hello,
here is a short list of different things which could be changed (or talked about) on the gui:
General
1. Allow mixing of different types in repository view (or a new view?). I would like to create a directory and put all necessary documents in one place (business model, job, metadata)
related to business model
2. The name of a relationship in the business model could be a little bit closer to the line.
3. Shape for grouping of objects (for example colored boxes for the background).
4. If the business model is open in the editor it is not possible to change the properties in the properties dialog (works as designed?)
5. Allow setting a link in the business model to a job like tRunJob in the jobdesign.
Bye
Volker
5 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Optimizing GUI

I aggree on quite all your points.
Point 1 can be a little bit hard becouase of our model but we have to think about it.
Point 2 : ok
Point 3 : I don't understand
Point 4 : it is not a bug (it is a feature!). It was not the case before, but we had problem with it, we decided to forbid this to remove some bugs.
Point 5 : interesting.
You will probably see some Points in a next milestone version. Thanks for your support and and for your ideas
Stay tuned!
Regards,
Fabrice
One Star

Hello Fabrice,
1) Yes please. Actual I'm lost with different metadata, jobs, Codes which could be grouped together but are scattered in different structures. I thought about using a own Talend-project for them but I dont think this is best practice. Maybe it is possible to create a new view with just turning the "bottom to the top":
3) I sometimes would like to document (grapical) what a part of a job does. So a colored box with caption to put it in the background would be a good way. So I can group a block and name it "Extraction" for example.
Bye
Volker
Employee

Hello Volker,
for 3 : I think 2865 is made for you
Regards
One Star

Hello Michaël,
yes, perfect!
But if I read the design spec (link to wiki in request) I found one unclear point:
Point 4. all subjobs have the same color (blue see capture)
=> Better allow to decide the color
Bye
Volker
Employee

Why not.
It was to have a first step for this feature.