One Star

Open Studio for Data Integration on a Remote Desktop

Hi,
I'm just getting into Talend and I have a question. I just installed Talend on a remote desktop for it to be used by multiple users remotely. But now I'm starting to think that's not possible with a free edition. Is that true?  I don't see where multiple users can be created. If that's the case, what do I need to do to give Talend access to multiple users? Any information on this would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Abe
4 REPLIES

Re: Open Studio for Data Integration on a Remote Desktop

Hi,
There is no "Remote" feature in Talend Open Studio. with Talend Open Studio, the projects are stored in local not server.
Or you can develop the ETL jobs in Talend Studio in Windows, and then export the job script and move them to another any one system (Windows, Linux, Mac) where multiple users can get these ETL jobs.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina. 
So in that case, my guess is there is no need to create user accounts/logins in Open Studio and there isn't a way to do that anyhow?  Am I right?
One Star

Also, does the enterprise edition make this "remote" feature possible? Can multiple users be logged in at once in the Enterprise version?
Thanks

Hi,
Talend Subscription Solution integrates SVN which works as a server role, all the items including jobs, routines, metadata etc are stored in remote SVN server, instead of the local .Multiple co-workers can connect to the SVN server, check out the same repository project and work with it at the same time.
Please see documents about:
TalendHelpCenter:Talend Data Integration functional architecture
TalendHelpCenter:Teamwork and development consolidation for Data Integration
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.