Seven Stars

Open Source Reporting Solution?

Hello

I don't know if i am in a good topic. Otherwise you can move my subject in an appropriate place

I have finished my work on Talend. My datas are transformed and treated in a output Excel file.

But now, i need make graphs with these data automatically and not with Excel (with Excel, i must make graphys myself but my boss want the graphs automatically.)

So, i looked on several sites to find a open source software who proposes a solution of reporting. It's hard for me to find a good open source software and i don't know which is good.

I looked on sites : 

BIRT (i tried to install BIRT but there is a log error)

JASPERSoft (i don't understand how download jaspersoft, there are many links)

TableauSoftware and Qlikeview (It looks good but it is paying)

Maybe you already had a open software like me? Advice? Opinion? Help?

I am a begginer so, it is hard for me to find a good software without knowledge.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Open Source Reporting Solution?

Finaly, i use Macro with VBA in Excel. 

Pentaho isn't that i need.

I tried SpagoBi for Talend but i don't manage to install that on my computer. 

BIRT doesn't work at all.

Finally, I've been advised to use VBA in Excel. It works weel. Maybe less "attractive" but it works.

8 REPLIES

Hello,

The analytical tools are available in Talend Data Quality Portal, which allows end-users to launch reports that use the information resulted from the reports generated in the Profiling perspective of Talend Studio.

Could you please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Analytical tools to see if it is what you are looking for?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Thank you for your answer. I am then going to read it!

Regards

Beauchamp_J

Twelve Stars

@Beauchamp_J,you can use Qlickview or Pentaho reporting.

Manohar B
Fifteen Stars

This tool might be of interest. It's Java based and uses Eclipse...like Talend. 

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/about/

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

@rhall_2_0

I tried open BIRT but i can't. There are errors.

Maybe because i already have Eclipse? 

@manodwhb

Qlikeview isn't a open source software? I saw that it pays. I wish to try Qlikeview but I cannot pay.

i try Pentaho Report Designer but it can't read Excel files? I thought that it can read all files xlsx, csv, etc... 

Fifteen Stars

I have multiple Eclipse based applications on my machine with no issues. If you are trying to add it to to your Talend Eclipse (Studio), you won't be able to I don't think. You will need to either install it as a standalone application or add it to another version of Eclipse.

Rilhia Solutions
Twelve Stars

@Beauchamp_J,yes for qlickview you need to pay.

regarding pentaho,please find teh below link.

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/excel-jdbc-pentaho-report-designer.rst

Manohar B
Seven Stars

Finaly, i use Macro with VBA in Excel. 

Pentaho isn't that i need.

I tried SpagoBi for Talend but i don't manage to install that on my computer. 

BIRT doesn't work at all.

Finally, I've been advised to use VBA in Excel. It works weel. Maybe less "attractive" but it works.