Four Stars

Open Database Table Selector Dialog is keep on running but not opening

I am trying to use Oracle input as component and provided all the database connection details correctly and tested the connection. After that I am trying to browse my tables through "Database table selector dialog" but it is keep on running for long time but not opening. I am attaching a screenshot of my problem, Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong.

Databse selector dialog hung.JPG

5 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: Open Database Table Selector Dialog is keep on running but not opening

@avshk12,when you try to create a metadata for that table in repository was it taking long time?

Manohar B
Four Stars

@manodwhb No, It is not taking long time. I ran a job taking CSV file as input and Oracle database as output, and it ran well. In the next step and trying to use same table which I have created in last subjob as oracle input component but Open database table dialog is not working.

Twelve Stars

@avshk12,as a best practice,i suggest you to create metadata for that table in repository and drag that table in designed

by selecting tOracleInput or tDBInput abnd use that.

Manohar B
Four Stars

@manodwhb Yeah Manohar, That is correct and its working, but I wanted to see this functionality. Is this functionality always take long time? 

Twelve Stars

@avshk12,it is based on the system configuration and Latency that may take time,so you try with restarting your machine and check is it taking time or not?

Manohar B