One Star

OUTPUT for Multiple inner join lookup in tmap.[SSIS migrate to TALEND]

Hi guys,
I'm about to migrate the jobs in SSIS and rebuild it under Talend.
Now I meet a case, about a simple lookup with inner Join. (Managing matching entries)
In Microsoft SSIS, lookup only for 1 lookup table. Here in Talend, I can just easily use 1 tmap and put all the lookup tables all together. 
In SSIS my flow like: Source  --> lookup1 --> lookup2 --> lookup 3 --> Destination. All of the lookups are inner join, and every rejected ouput can be mantain by each lookup.
In talend, in my tmap, as the output I set "Catch lookup Inner Join Reject" to True but how do I know the rejected output is produced by which lookup? In this case there are some lookup tables but the Rejected Inner join can't be specified to a certain lookup.
Can we specify the reject outputs based on the lookup without split it into different tmaps? 
Actually this post almost similar with the one in:
(Related Post)

But that one is not resolved yet, so I need your help for the solution.
Thanks!!
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: OUTPUT for Multiple inner join lookup in tmap.[SSIS migrate to TALEND]

Hi,
I think you cannot know which of the joins failed.
If you have to know, you need to use separate tMap (one for each join).
Regards,
TRF
One Star

You can probably add a flag column in each of the output fields to identify from where is that output is coming and then you can use that to identify the reject records
One Star

Hi guys, thanks for your responds.
@TRF, Actually my flow has lot of lookups. I was thinking to put it into separate tMaps, but considered it again due to performance. But if no other way, then no options.
@Verma, Thanks for your suggestion. It might be a good workaround. Need to consider about it, since that kind of approach, from my understanding, I will need to create 1 column for flag in the source-lookup, and 1 column for flag in the destination. If I have 5 lookups table, and 1 destination, it means I need to alter 6 tables.
Thank you guys. Maybe right now, I assumed there is no way to specify the rejected records based on the lookup.