ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Two Stars

ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

What is supposed to be the difference between Oracle 11 and Oracle 11-6 in Talend? Is it just that "11" uses ojdbc5 and "11-6" uses ojdbc6?
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Community Manager

Re: ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Hi Chris
Oracle 11 and Oracle 11-6 are both required to use ojdbc6, you can find these definition in the XML descriptor file of the tOracleInput component.
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle8i" MODULE="ojdbc12.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc12.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_8') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle9i" MODULE="ojdbc14-9i.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc14-9i.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_9') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle10g" MODULE="ojdbc14.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc14.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_10') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle11g-1" MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc6.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle11g-2" MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc6.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XDB" MODULE="xdb.jar" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/xdb.jar" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN " />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XMLPARSERV2" MODULE="xmlparserv2.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/xmlparserv2.jar" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN " />
<IMPORT NAME="Talend-oracle-timestamptz" MODULE="talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.custom/lib/talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_11') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_10')" />

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Two Stars

Re: ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Thanks Shong - I noticed that before which is what prompted my question...
So currently there is no difference - right? Was Oracle 11-6 intended to be used for Oracle 11gR2? An Oracle 11 for the original release of Oracle 11G?