ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Two Stars

ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

What is supposed to be the difference between Oracle 11 and Oracle 11-6 in Talend? Is it just that "11" uses ojdbc5 and "11-6" uses ojdbc6?
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Community Manager

Re: ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Hi Chris
Oracle 11 and Oracle 11-6 are both required to use ojdbc6, you can find these definition in the XML descriptor file of the tOracleInput component.
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle8i" MODULE="ojdbc12.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc12.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_8') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle9i" MODULE="ojdbc14-9i.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc14-9i.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_9') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle10g" MODULE="ojdbc14.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc14.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_10') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle11g-1" MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc6.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle11g-2" MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/ojdbc6.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XDB" MODULE="xdb.jar" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/xdb.jar" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN " />
<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XMLPARSERV2" MODULE="xmlparserv2.jar" BundleID="" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.jdbc.oracle/lib/xmlparserv2.jar" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN " />
<IMPORT NAME="Talend-oracle-timestamptz" MODULE="talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.custom/lib/talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_11') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_10')" />

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Two Stars

Re: ORACLE 11 vs ORACLE 11-6 in Talend

Thanks Shong - I noticed that before which is what prompted my question...
So currently there is no difference - right? Was Oracle 11-6 intended to be used for Oracle 11gR2? An Oracle 11 for the original release of Oracle 11G?

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch