ORA-28040 error

Six Stars

ORA-28040 error

Hello,

I have 2 database Ora 10 and Ora 11.

When used in separated jobs it is ok but once I have them both in the same job I have an ORA-28040 error.

My tOracleOutput_java.xml

<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XDB" MODULE="xdb.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/xdb/6.0.0"  REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN ['XMLTYPE']" />
           <IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XMLPARSERV2" MODULE="xmlparserv2.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/xmlparserv2/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN ['XMLTYPE']" />
              <IMPORT NAME="Talend-oracle-timestamptz" MODULE="talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/talend-oracle-timestamptz/6.0.0"  UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.custom/lib/talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6')  OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_11') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_10')" />
              <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_12"  MODULE="ojdbc7.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc7/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_12') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_11-6"  MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc6/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_11"  MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc6/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_10"  MODULE="ojdbc14.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc14/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_10') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_9"  MODULE="ojdbc14-9i.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc14-9i/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_9') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_8"  MODULE="ojdbc12.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc12/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_8') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />

Thanks,

Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Re: ORA-28040 error

Seems to be an Oracle bug https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://community.oracle.com/thread/2349728&ved=...
Can you share the job and configuration (screen capture) for tOracleConnection (if any) + tOracleInpout + tOracleOutput component?

TRF

Hello,

Did you have several oracle DB connections in your work flow?

Is this solution mentioned in this article Ok with you?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24100117/ora-28040-no-matching-authentication-protocol-exception

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi, yes

I have 2 Oracle connection (ora9 , ora12) and 1 read table in (ora9) and 1 output table in (ora12).

I have read the stackoverflow but not able to implement it (lack of knowledge); and after the changes TOS.6.1.1 does not work anymore on previous job.

So I'm going to start over

Thanks

Fifteen Stars TRF
Fifteen Stars

Hi,

How is designed your job? Do you need to open both connections at the time?

If not, I suggest you to try this kind of design:

tOracleConnection (Oracle 9) --> tOracleInput --> tHashOutput --> tOracleCommit (to  close the connection)
|
onSubjobOk
|
tOracleConnection (Oracle 12) --> tHashInput --> tOracleOutput --> tOracleCommit (to  close the connection)

Let us know.

TRF
Six Stars

Same problem

2017-05-23_070332.jpg

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download