Four Stars

ORA-28040 error

Hello,

I have 2 database Ora 10 and Ora 11.

When used in separated jobs it is ok but once I have them both in the same job I have an ORA-28040 error.

My tOracleOutput_java.xml

<IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XDB" MODULE="xdb.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/xdb/6.0.0"  REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN ['XMLTYPE']" />
           <IMPORT NAME="Driver-Oracle-XMLPARSERV2" MODULE="xmlparserv2.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/xmlparserv2/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="SCHEMA.DB_TYPE IN ['XMLTYPE']" />
              <IMPORT NAME="Talend-oracle-timestamptz" MODULE="talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/talend-oracle-timestamptz/6.0.0"  UrlPath="platform:/plugin/org.talend.libraries.custom/lib/talend-oracle-timestamptz.jar" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6')  OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_11') OR (DB_VERSION=='ORACLE_10')" />
              <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_12"  MODULE="ojdbc7.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc7/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_12') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_11-6"  MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc6/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11-6') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_11"  MODULE="ojdbc6.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc6/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_11') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_10"  MODULE="ojdbc14.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc14/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_10') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_9"  MODULE="ojdbc14-9i.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc14-9i/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_9') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />
           <IMPORT NAME="ORACLE_8"  MODULE="ojdbc12.jar" MVN="mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/ojdbc12/6.0.0"  BundleID="" REQUIRED_IF="(DB_VERSION == 'ORACLE_8') AND (USE_EXISTING_CONNECTION == 'false') AND (SPECIFY_DATASOURCE_ALIAS == 'false')" />

Thanks,

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES
Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Re: ORA-28040 error

Seems to be an Oracle bug https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://community.oracle.com/thread/2349728&ved=...
Can you share the job and configuration (screen capture) for tOracleConnection (if any) + tOracleInpout + tOracleOutput component?

TRF

Hello,

Did you have several oracle DB connections in your work flow?

Is this solution mentioned in this article Ok with you?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24100117/ora-28040-no-matching-authentication-protocol-exception

Best regards

Sabrina

Four Stars

Hi, yes

I have 2 Oracle connection (ora9 , ora12) and 1 read table in (ora9) and 1 output table in (ora12).

I have read the stackoverflow but not able to implement it (lack of knowledge); and after the changes TOS.6.1.1 does not work anymore on previous job.

So I'm going to start over

Thanks

Seven Stars TRF
Seven Stars

Hi,

How is designed your job? Do you need to open both connections at the time?

If not, I suggest you to try this kind of design:

tOracleConnection (Oracle 9) --> tOracleInput --> tHashOutput --> tOracleCommit (to  close the connection)
|
onSubjobOk
|
tOracleConnection (Oracle 12) --> tHashInput --> tOracleOutput --> tOracleCommit (to  close the connection)

Let us know.

TRF
Four Stars

Same problem

2017-05-23_070332.jpg