One Star

OLEDB connexions

Hello,
i am a little bit surprise that a stantard OLEDB provider cannot be choose into the databasesources, i should be a better choice than an ODBC or JDBC connexions.
I my case i have only an OLEDB provider to grab some data from a realtime proprietary database using .UDL file.
Do you have any proposition to figure out this please?
regards
P SAVE
5 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: OLEDB connexions

OLEDB or ODBC are legacy technics and should be avoided for new projects. I generally prefer JDBC because the driver are mostly up-to-date and there are no dependencies to the underlaying operating system unlike ODBC or OLEDB.

Hi,
Please take a look at a related JIAR Issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-3184
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
i clearly understand that JDBC driver will be better BUT i just have an OLEDB driver and not anather one available.
So what could be my solution to get the data from it please?
I can do it with another free tool like Database .NET using my OLEDb driver provider and it works very nice.
regards
P SAVE

Hi fifisave,
Thanks for your feedback.
We'll keep you posted as long as this new feature is available in Talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

If nothing can be done !!! Yes 
If something can be done in the future !!! Yes
Will i use your tool !!! No
regards
P SAVE