Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat

One Star

Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat

Dear all,
I am trying to import data from a .txt file into a local DB.
The field "Price" is 11 chars long and is a float value without any delimiter char in the text file. E. g. possible value: "00000001500" stands for 15.00.
For data conversion I am using a tMap-Element with the conversion function: Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat("999999999V99", row3.Price).
However following exception occurs: "Exception in component tMap_1, java.lang.NumberFormatException".
If I put the above value as a string constant into the function (Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat("999999999V99", "00000001500")), the converting function works fine.
Thanks in advance

Re: Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat

Hi,
There might be a error notification in java code for your exception" java.lang.NumberFormatException"(switch "Designer" mode to "Code").
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
thank you for your response. I have verified the code, but do not see anything throwing an explicit Number.Format exception.
The code view of the tmap component is as following: "Dataconversion_tmp.Price = Numeric
.convertImpliedDecimalFormat(
"999999999V99", row3.Price);

What do you mean with an "error notificaton"?

Kind regards,
Michael

Hi,
I supposed there would be any error line in java code.
I did use Numeric.convertImpliedDecimalFormat before. Is it working for your case when you use TalendHelpCenter:tConvertType.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.