One Star

NumberFormatException For input string: " ... " error in 2.3.3

I installed the new version 2.3.3 and a job that was working fine with 2.3.1 now produce NumberFormatException For input string: "...." error, the it ends with 0 so should means that everithing was ok, but the text enclosed in the error above is not loaded in the destination table.
The job is quite complex I try to summarize here the flow that gets error:
query from oracle db --> java row component -->t_denormalize component-->another java row component-->tFileOutputDelimited component-->tFileInputDelimited component-->tMap (that joins with other two queries from oracle)-->oracle output on the destination table.
In words the work of this job is to read a number of records from the initial input table, grouped by an id and this will became a single (one) record in the final destination table.
At the moment I had to switch back to the previous release 2.3.1, so I think that is something you need to look at (a bug?).
regards.
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: NumberFormatException For input string: " ... " error in 2.3.3

Can you give the exact error trace ? And if possible the corresponding peace of generated code.
Employee

It seems the problem come from your tFileInputDelimited_1, it tries to parse the first column (XX_ID) as an Integer.
Then, I think there is a bug on the tFileInputDelimited which can't parse columns with your particular row separators and field separators.
You can report a bug on this subject giving a simple example.
amaumont
Employee

Yesterday, I created the 3983 to improve the error information, then to find easier the origin of problem. Yet, I did not create the bug about the tFileinputDelimited.
One Star

Ok, Yes I have on the schema of tFileInputDelimited_1 the field ID that is a Iteger but this was working fine in talend open studio rel. 2.3.1, I think that maybe for this component the problem is for the delimiter management but also for this parsing on the integer fields of its schema. I'll create the bug asap.