One Star

NullPointerException using date in tMap

Hi,
I am running a job with several tPostgresqlnput component, a tMap and 2 tPostgresqlOutput. The tMap is managing reject for the inner join in one of the tPostgresqlOutput. In this tMap I am managing date data: creating date, changing date format or just insert date data from the input to the output (see screenshots).
When running the job, after retreiving data, the tMap failed with this error:
Exception in component tMap_1_TMAP_OUT
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1070)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:859)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:852)
at java.text.DateFormat.format(DateFormat.java:316)
at routines.TalendDate.formatDate(TalendDate.java:33)
at insee_sirene.establishment_data_step1_0_1.establishment_data_step1.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(establishment_data_step1.java:8002)
at insee_sirene.establishment_data_step1_0_1.establishment_data_step1.runJobInTOS(establishment_data_step1.java:17321)
at insee_sirene.establishment_data_step1_0_1.establishment_data_step1.main(establishment_data_step1.java:17209)
disconnected
Job establishment_data_step1 ended at 09:31 06/04/2009.

Do you know how I can get more information about where and what the errors occurs exactly?
Regards,
Y.
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: NullPointerException using date in tMap

Hi,
The issue come from the inner join as I am using a date (and convert date -> string) as join key.
Y.
One Star

Re: NullPointerException using date in tMap

Last post : I changed the field type to "string" for the two fields used as key for the innner join. It seems that using function in the inner key is not allowed.
Y.