JOIN US!
And visit the Customer
& Community Lounge.
May 27-28, wherever you are.

NullPointerException on a tRunJob

Highlighted

NullPointerException on a tRunJob

Hello

I've got an exception in component tRunJob.
The idea of my job is to use a tRunJob to call many other jobs.
The main job is Main_Expertise. This job calls Main_Lot. And Main_Lot calls BI16_Lot_Fait.

For information, the whole treatment is working fine with Talend TOS on my VM. Now I use an AIX server. It works fine on DEV environnement, but return me this error on others environnements.

The execution is good, call all jobs without problems. Only after finishing the last job (BI16_Alim_Reglement), the component tRunJob catch the following error :
Exception in component tRunJob_3
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.tRunJob_3Process(Main_Expertise.java:4758)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(Main_Expertise.java:3462)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.tPostgresqlConnection_1Process(Main_Expertise.java:2540)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.tRunJob_7Process(Main_Expertise.java:2431)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.tRunJob_4Process(Main_Expertise.java:2181)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.runJobInTOS(Main_Expertise.java:5355)
    at bi16_expertise.main_expertise_0_1.Main_Expertise.main(Main_Expertise.java:5038)

I see the job, who insert data in a SQL Server table. Datas are in the table, but a NullPointerException appears.

Here is screenshot of my work
Main_Expertise :                    Main_Lot :                        BI16_Lot_Fait :

Thank a lot for your help.

Highlighted
One Star

Re: NullPointerException on a tRunJob

This typically happens when you apply a function on a null value, you need to check your columns when you apply any functions.
got an example here : link

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog