Four Stars

Not able to generate Java Code on Talend enterprise Data integration 5.4

Hello All,

As am using Talend Enterprise Data integration version 5.4 and JRE7 Version along with os -windows 8. When i am trying to import demo project and open any sample job,unable to see java code generated once clicked on Code tab. I believe this java code generated automatically.Even if created my own demo project,i am not able to see java code after designing the job.Please see the attached Error.

Appreciate if anyone can please provide the solution on this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Not able to generate Java Code

Did you use Java 1.8 on your machine? Have you ensured your Java_Home and Path variables are sorted properly? If you are new to using the 5.4 Enterprise Edition does anyone else where you are working have a working machine you can copy? There will be someone else using Talend there because 5.4 is no longer supported so this will not be a new installation. 

Did you try my previous suggestions by the way? More often than not, changing the workspace will work.

Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Has this ever worked? If yes, then you may just need to either recreate your workspace (back up your code before doing this using the export functionality and create a new folder called workspace2...for example), or reinstall the Studio. Both can get corrupted.

If it has never worked before then you need to check your config. I believe Java 7 is supported BUT you should use the JDK not the JRE.

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

First time working on Talend Enterprise edition. Earlier i have worked in open studio with jdk 1.8 in windows 8.After changed to JDK 1.7 version at environment variables still not working it.Do we need to change settings in Talend preferences as well or need to restart system too?

Please provide me steps to resolve this.

Fifteen Stars

Did you use Java 1.8 on your machine? Have you ensured your Java_Home and Path variables are sorted properly? If you are new to using the 5.4 Enterprise Edition does anyone else where you are working have a working machine you can copy? There will be someone else using Talend there because 5.4 is no longer supported so this will not be a new installation. 

Did you try my previous suggestions by the way? More often than not, changing the workspace will work.

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

Thanks, its perfectly working after changing the workspace.Not sure why earlier workspace was creating problem for java code. Now using jdk 1.7 under path variabels and java_home.