Not able to connect with IBM netezza database using tNetezzaConnection Component

Four Stars

Not able to connect with IBM netezza database using tNetezzaConnection Component

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Netezza DB using tNetezzaConnection component in talend open studio 6.3.
I have all ready download and install nzjdbc.jar file but still getting following error.

Exception in component tNetezzaConnection_1
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.netezza.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)

I have googled it but did not found any solution. Now I have following questions regarding this.

Q1. Can we download Netezza DB JDBC driver from IBM site with out any subscription or we need a license for it?
Q2. Can we download a trail edition of Netezza Database for local testing.
Q3. If the jdbc jar file is available freely. Please give me the link for same.

Thanks
Kailash Yadav

Re: Not able to connect with IBM netezza database using tNetezzaConnection Component

Hello,

Are you able to connect your IBM netezza database successfully through client without using talend tool?

Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship some of these external modules within Talend Studio. You need to install them for your Studio to functional properly.

Could you please request Netezza DB JDBC driver jar file from your database provider?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.