One Star

Not able to connect a mysql db to talend big data 5.3.0.RC1.

Hi,
I am trying to move mysql db's, but when i try to add tMySqlInput and fill in the user name, password and database name, i get this error :-
Exception in component tMysqlInput_2
java.lang.NullPointerException
I have already tried adding the missing jar (mysql-connector-java-5.1.22). to TOS-BD/lib folder, i tried adding the jar by manually pasting it in the lib folder, and also through the add module functionality.
I checked some of the other question on the forum related to the same error, and just want to add that using TOD-DI is not really an option for me, as we are trying to move the database from mysql to redshift, which is not available in TOS-DI. When i click on guess schema for the db connection, i get an error saying db connection failed :-
Database connection is failed.
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Thanks.

• Big Data
13 REPLIES

Re: Not able to connect a mysql db to talend big data 5.3.0.RC1.

Hi,
I don't think it is a missing jar issue from your error information. In addition, we suggested that you should use the talend open studio CE for BigData(Community Edition) such as talend open studio for big data 5.2.2 not talend big data 5.3.0.RC1(Release Candidate) with unstable feature.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your response. I downloaded the community edition. With that i am facing 2 problems :-
1) The mysql problem is still not resolved. I am still getting the same error as the release candidate.
2) Also, in the database folder, Redshift database is not present. We are trying to move our databases from mysql to Amazon Redshift using talend. Is there a work around for it using talend 5.2.2.
Thanks.
One Star

I looked through this post,
http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=11886
Could you please comment if using tlibraryload would resolve the problem in 5.3.0?

Hi,
We are trying to move our databases from mysql to Amazon Redshift using talend. Is there a work around for it using talend 5.2.2.

There is no work around for it using talend 5.2.2. Because we don't support for Amazon Redshift until 5.3.0RC1. See the related bug https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24894.
For your requirement, you only use 5.3.0RC1 to achieve your goal.
My suggestion is that:
1: Don't install your external module(jar) by manually, please follow this article How+to+install+external+modules.
2: Pay more attention on your table record, which may cause Null Pointer Exception.
What's more, please give us your detailed error message so that we can address your issue quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi,
I followed all the steps mentioned in your post to install all the modules.
After which i added a mysql input, but when i try to establish the connection i get the same error.
Database connection is failed.
org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
Its not connecting to the database, thus i am not sure if the table records are even considered here.

Hi,
Don't be worried about that, I will make a testing on talend open studio for big data 5.3.0.RC1, and then come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi,
After the testing, I got the same issue as yours( talend open studio for big data 5.3.0.RC1_r100420.). I think it is a bug. Could you mind opening a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the talend bug tracker.(see pic) You feedback will be appreciated.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Will do that, Thanks for your time!!!

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution. Don't be hesitated post your issue url on talend forum. It will be
convenient for community users to follow up the issue.
Best
One Star

Hi,
Thanks your feedback, I'm tracking this issue and informing you as long as there is a response from our developer. It estimated that the talend open studio for Big data 5.3.0 (Community Edition) will be released at end of April.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

I'm also having the same issue, have just downloaded Big Data 5.3 but when i try to connect using MySqlConnection it gives: mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar required as an error message!

Hi ilyasiqbal,
Please see the KB article Installing+third-party+jars+in+Studio+-+Talend+v5.2+features
Best regards
Sabrina