No talend job is running, Error in Connection

Four Stars

No talend job is running, Error in Connection

Hi All,
I have recently started exploring Talend Open Studio for integration On Premise database (Vertica) but haven't been able to get it to work. I have tried a really job of getting few records from excel and loading them into Vertica but I am gettting following error when I run the job
I am using the latest version of Talend Studio

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: 
SecretKey cannot be resolved to a type
The method getSecretKey() from the type PasswordEncryptUtil refers to the missing type SecretKey
Cipher cannot be resolved to a type
Cipher cannot be resolved
Cipher cannot be resolved to a variable
at routines.system.PasswordEncryptUtil.decryptPassword(PasswordEncryptUtil.java:67)
at local_project.onboardingdemojob_0_1.OnBoardingDemoJob.tFileInputExcel_1Process(OnBoardingDemoJob.java:809)
at local_project.onboardingdemojob_0_1.OnBoardingDemoJob.runJobInTOS(OnBoardingDemoJob.java:1648)
at local_project.onboardingdemojob_0_1.OnBoardingDemoJob.main(OnBoardingDemoJob.java:1505)
disconnected

I am successfully able to create connection to each object and they are added to metadata object and schema is created but I am not able to run any job.

Six Stars

Re: No talend job is running, Error in Connection

Hello,
I'm not sure but it looks like some "import" missing (the import which contains SecretKey)
Try to import this javax.crypto.* at the beginning of your job to include it in your job's environment
Take a look at this link if it helps : Import java 

If you share some screenshots of your error / job it could be useful to resolve your problem with more details

~Regards, jeoste
Kudos are always appreciated ; mark the topic as resolved if query is answered for the community
Four Stars

Hello Jeoste,

I have downloaded the latest version of talend and while extablishing a connection with database it gives me following error.

Plus i am using the latest version of JDK and also set the path of environment variables.

talend.PNG

Employee

Hi,

Could you please check the JRE version used in Talend under Windows -> Preferences?

If you are using Talend 7.2, you should use either Java 11 or Java 8. In the screen shot below, I am using Java 8 to connect to the studio.

image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Four Stars

Dear Nikhil Thampi,

Please find below the setting i have done in Talend. As you mentioned i have already apply the settings but error still exists.

Talend_1.PNGTalend_2.PNGTalend_3.PNG

Please go through it and let me know if ther is any change required in talend settings.

Employee

Hi,

Did you restart the Studio and whether the issue persist? Could you please also try to reinstall the Studio with right JRE from the beginning itself?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog