No error details in Run->Execution Window after failure of job

One Star

No error details in Run->Execution Window after failure of job

Hello,
I've just installed latest talend version on my machine 5.1.1 data integaration. I'm running some demo jobs to see how are things looking.
E.g. I'm running 'tFileDelete_1' demo job by giving incorrect location to delete folder. Job is failing however is not showing any error message in Run->Execution Window other than following. I was expecting some error message to come in this window explaing cause for error.
"Starting job tFileDelete at 18:08 12/09/2012.
Job tFileDelete ended at 18:08 12/09/2012. "
Could you please help me in getting details error info?
Many Thanks,
Govardhan
One Star

Re: No error details in Run->Execution Window after failure of job

I had same problem with older versions of talend as well. I didn't get any resolution for that. However my colleague was able to see error details on his macihe which he has installed on his machine. I assume there is some settings need to be done on my machine to see these details.
Thanks,
Govardhan
Seven Stars

If "Fail on error" is checked in tFileDelete then in v5.1.1 (tested on Win 7, no special settings required) you should get an error in the execution window for targets that don't exist like so:
Exception in component tFileDelete_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: File does not exists or is invalid.
at idm_data_quality.temp_0_1.temp.tFileDelete_1Process(temp.java:353)
at idm_data_quality.temp_0_1.temp.runJobInTOS(temp.java:647)
at idm_data_quality.temp_0_1.temp.main(temp.java:515)
Note that there is no error if tFileDelete fails to delete a target that does exist - see https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-8133.
Are you having problems with any other jobs/components?
One Star

Fail on error is checked and I'm also testing on Winodws 7. The error what you mentioned I can see exactly similar error message if I export this job and run .bat file from command prompt(Please see attched screenshot).
Basically error/success message which I'm willing to see in execution window are coming as expected on command prompt when I export job and run .bat file from command prompt. However same is not coming in execution window in Talend. I'm not sure if it has something to do with java or some settings(by saying settings I haven't done any changes to settings in Talend when tried to execute demo jobs imported from demo project).
Following is the java version installed on my machine.
"C:\tmp\tFileDelete_0.1\tFileDelete>java -version
java version "1.6.0_16"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode)"
Please help.
Thanks
One Star

Any help on this post is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Govardhan