No error, but, no rows loaded

Five Stars

No error, but, no rows loaded

Hi,
I have a job as shown below

The mssqlinput has a query like this "select * from dw.plotproc("+context.varisactive+")". The select calls a function in sql server. The function has a complex sql statement that even uses a table from mysql (used linked servers). The function runs well in sql server, though I must admit is slow.
When I run the query in talend sql editor, I get the dataset. But when I run the job as a whole I get no errors and there are 0 rows read and 0 rows loaded. 
I have many other jobs as well with similar structures and all of them run fine, meaning they use functions which inturn uses tables from mysql. 
I only have a problem with this. Since, there is no error, I do not understand why there are 0 rows read
Any help on this would be appreciated
Thanks
Rathi
Seventeen Stars

Re: No error, but, no rows loaded

Hard to say. One possible reason is the possible used connection. It could be different between the SQL editor and the parameters used for the job run.
One Star

When there is a datatype mismatch in Tmap it happens. Cross check all your columns and there data types. 
Five Stars

Hi,
I face this issue again for no reason at all.  Had all the jobs working in development environment and all data loading perfectly.
I just change the connection details to production and the job runs ofcourse(successfully too) but 0 data loaded. 
There are no connection or network issues.
But, do not understand why the data has not loaded
Any thoughts on this would be of great help
Thanks 
Rathi
One Star

Hi,
Can you try adding the columns' name instead of the * ?
In the query of course but also in the schema of the link.
Five Stars

Amazing, it worked !! Thank you Carlos Smiley Happy
What surprises me is, in the development and test environments the * was working fine. The moment I moved to production, it just stopped. And the when I replace the * with column names, it works fine again..
Is there a reason for this? The changing of the * to column names was a laborious process. And I am unable to understand why it would'nt work with *
Thanks 
Rathi