One Star

No MySQL connection

Hello all,

I can´t get a MySQL connection using Talend.
I work with
Linux Mint 17.2 64bit
Talend 5.6.2 64bit
MySQL 5
I do it exactly that way:
XXXhttp://www.talendbyexample.com/talend-working-with-databases-reference.html (without "XXX")
After clicking "Check" I get the folling Error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1078)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:313)
at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2513)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1127)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:356)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2502)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2539)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2321)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:832)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:417)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:344)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:155)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection attempt exceeded defined timeout.
at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.resetLoginTimeCountdown(StandardSocketFactory.java:473)
at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:320)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:306)
... 23 more

The following hints doesn´t help in my case:
XXXhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/2983248/com-mysql-jdbc-exceptions-jdbc4-communicationsexception-communications-link-fai
as well as
XXXhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/6865538/solving-a-communications-link-failure-with-jdbc-and-mysql
I could update Talend (jar-files etc.), so I guess I have no Proxy-Problem.
And the next thing is, i could access MySQL without any problems using LibreOffice Base ...
Any further hint except of the stuff in the links? I think it´s not a MySQL-problem; it´s probably a problem of Talend?
(By the way: Updating to Version 6.0 is not an option because it can´t deal with Proxy-Server!)
Thx for help!!!!
4 REPLIES

Re: No MySQL connection

Hi Europe01,
Is there any success after checking firewall or timeout parameter in MySql DB? Can you connect to your MySql DB through client without using Talend tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
there is no firewall on that PC and I can connect to MySQL via libreoffice base without any problems... (jdbc and odbc)
Talend and MySQL are running on the same machine.
THX for further help!

Hi,
What's your DB connection parameter?
Would you mind posting the screenshot of Database Connection Parameters(mask your privacy) in metadata(step 2) into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Here´s the Screenshot (German):

Thx for further help!!!