Four Stars

No DB-type TEXT in schema of component tSAPHanaOutput

Hi,

I have a question about the ETL component tSAPHanaOutput. I would like to use the DB-type TEXT in the output schema. In the drop-down list, the type TEXT is not offered. Can you help me there?

Best regards
Achim-OL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No DB-type TEXT in schema of component tSAPHanaOutput

Hello,

About the data type between Talend type and db type, you can go to Studio > Project Settings > Metadata of TalendType

You can try to customize Sap Hana type in mapping_SAPHana.xml

Let us know if it is OK with you.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
5 REPLIES

Hello,

There is no 'TEXT' data type in schema setting of tSAPHanaOutput. Have you tried to use 'VARCHAR' to achieve your goal instead?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the DB-Type VARCHAR can only contain 5000 characters. The type TEXT can record more characters and is also offered by Hana. For the tMysqlOutput component, I can select the type TEXT.

Best regards
Achim

Hello,

About the data type between Talend type and db type, you can go to Studio > Project Settings > Metadata of TalendType

You can try to customize Sap Hana type in mapping_SAPHana.xml

Let us know if it is OK with you.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

thank you for your reply. Yes, that is it. I have added the DB-Type TEXT in the XML and the schema now works wonderfully. Many thanks for the help.

Best regards

Achim

Hello,

Great it works for you. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Best regards

Sabrina

--