One Star

New to Talend: One or more Excel data files to MySQL- EMPTY TABLES??

Hi:
I am new to Talend Open Studio and am still learning the ropes about how it works.
I am having some difficulty with one particular task in general, and that is sending data from one or more Excel data files to a MySQL database.  I thought I got it at first, but for some reason now when I run the job it ends up only printing the data in the Configuration window at the bottom and creating an empty table in the database.
What needs to be done to rectify the problem?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
S.T.
3 REPLIES

Re: New to Talend: One or more Excel data files to MySQL- EMPTY TABLES??

Hi,
Could you please show us your job design screenshots? Is there any error log printed on console also? Have you already checked out "Trim" option in tFileInputExcel to trim the leading and trailing white space?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi:
Sure, I can post a screenshot of my job on here.  It is a rather simple job, but I don't understand why it only gets printed down below and not to my database.
There are no error messages whatsoever, but it just says connected and disconnected along with printing the data in between the connected and disconnected announcements.  I don't think there are any whitespaces since this is an Excel file.  Maybe just one or two between the names.  Unless I am doing something wrong that I am not aware of...

...hopefully the uploaded image shows up...                                                                           

S.T.                                                                           

Five Stars

can you change all the excel schema columns, data types to string? this may solve your problem, but make sure to do all the transformation in tMap.