New script component based on Jython(python implementation on Java)

Five Stars

New script component based on Jython(python implementation on Java)

tJython is a new script component especially suited for the following tasks:
- Embedded scripting: Talend programmers can add the Jython libraries to their system to allow end users to write simple or complicated scripts that add functionality to the Job application.
- Interactive experimentation: Jython provides an interactive interpreter that can be used to interact with Java packages or with running Java applications. This allows programmers to experiment and debug any Java system using Jython.
- Rapid routines development: Python programs are typically 2-10X shorter than the equivalent Java program.
The seamless interaction between Python and Java allows developers to freely mix the two languages during development.
http://talendforge.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=71
One Star

Re: New script component based on Jython(python implementation on Java)

This does not load in my Talend 3.1.0RC2. I get :
!MESSAGE 2009-04-14 19:33:02,578 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.ExceptionHandler - Cannot load component "tJython": Does not match xsd (Component.xsd)
One Star

I have the same problem
One Star

Hi,
in TOS 3.1 the structure of the xml file which describes the component is lightly changed. So I would say all components needs to be updated to run with 3.1. I think we miss a process for such things. Actual I would suggest that you try to access the author of the component.
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi,
in TOS 3.1 the structure of the xml file which describes the component is lightly changed. So I would say all components needs to be updated to run with 3.1. I think we miss a process for such things. Actual I would suggest that you try to access the author of the component.
Bye
Volker

Hi,
In the file tJython_java add TAGS

<FAMILIES>
<FAMILY>Processing</FAMILY>
</FAMILIES>
To include Jython in "Processing" for example
Bye
One Star

Hi Pierre,
you are right. But this have to be done for each other component too. Not for your (or my) personal needs but fo the whole community. I think this point should be discussed. Which way should we handle this things? The problem is you need sometimes to upgrade you TOS installation but you may loss one or more community components. So using them may result in a high risk.
I'll start a new thread concerning this topic (this isn't the right place here).
Bye
Volker