Netsuite Component Help

Highlighted
One Star

Netsuite Component Help

I'm using the tNetsuiteInput component and having someone issues receiving some data from it. I configured the component to retrieve data from the Employee Record Type. I can pull data like FirstName, LastName, etc., but some data I cannot pull. One example is the Department Field where I try to pull the data, but since it is a RecordRef object type Talend returns it as an object and returns an address to the value, but not the value: "com.netsuite.webservices.platform.core.RecordRef@######". Now I have read on the Netsuite site that in order to get the actual value for this field I need to make an API call called "getSelectValue" with the RecordRef object as a parameter. I could make a work around this issue, but I was wondering if there is a way using the Talend component to get the actual value instead of the RecordRef object.
Thanks,
Michael

Re: Netsuite Component Help

Hi Michael,
Could you select a type of record you want to retrieve?
Feel free to create a workitem jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker.
https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I selected the Employee Record Type and got data for all the employees in my company. The issue I was running into was that for some of the fields such as Department and Supervisor the values that were returning were "com.netsuite.webservices.platform.core.RecordRef@######" which is a RecordRef object. Now I don't want the RecordRef object, but the actually value for an employee's department. 
One Star

I selected the Employee Record Type and got data for all the employees in my company. The issue I was running into was that for some of the fields such as Department and Supervisor the values that were returning were "com.netsuite.webservices.platform.core.RecordRef@######" which is a RecordRef object. Now I don't want the RecordRef object, but the actually value for an employee's department. 

I have the exact same problem. Have you found any solution to this?
Thank you very much!
One Star

Is anyone has an answer for this? Please advise. Thanks.
One Star

CPFung, 
Were you able to resolve this. If so could you advise on the solution.  
I am seeing the same thing. 
One Star

The way I recently dealt with 'RecordRef' objects coming out from Netsuite input component is using a library to serialize them to XML. So I got an XML string with a couple of elements: 'name' and 'internalId'
Resulting XML string can then be converted to Document type in Talend or simply parsed to extract values from each child node.
Check out these pages too:
http://x-stream.github.io/index.html
https://dzone.com/articles/convert-java-object-xml-and
Regards,

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download