Four Stars

NetSuite tWriteJSONField - joining in tMap - not working as per example

Hello,

In the Talend help for NetSuite, in the Joining NetSuite objects in Talend section (https://help.talend.com/reader/5LmFvThOiEwYNbu0kj3Rrg/8EvR1rFATwHEq78ClRckcw):

• they show how an input is passed through to a tWriteJSONField that is itself passed to a tMap component
  • in the tMap component there is a join using a field from the original input

I am unable to successfully do the same as it looks like what is outputted by the tWriteJSONField is only the JSON field and not any of the other "original" fields. Whether I use a inner or left outer join, I do not get anything from the output from the tWriteJSONField field in my tMap result.

Is it even possible to join on a field that was inputted into a tWriteJSONField from the output of the tWriteJSONField in a tMap component or does the tWriteJSONField always only returns what is set in the output column? If the answer to the previous question is that it is not possible, what do you suggest as an alternative to create JSON content and still be able to join on a key ?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 8.36.03 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: NetSuite tWriteJSONField - joining in tMap - not working as per example

After you have mapped your tWriteJSONField structure, set the columns you want to return as keys as your group by columns. That will work in this example.

Rilhia Solutions
2 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

After you have mapped your tWriteJSONField structure, set the columns you want to return as keys as your group by columns. That will work in this example.

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

Thanks Richard! It works! Mille merci!