Need to get the record count

Five Stars

Need to get the record count

Hi ,

I would like to the get the record count of processed rows, but each record will be processed one at a time. So while I try to get the count of record to some context variable, I am getting the count as 1 always. Would like to know how to get the total count.

Here in the tfileOutputExcel_1, I am getting the detailed information and tfileOutputExcel_2, will have summary details (same excel will have two tabs one is summary and one is detailed).

I would like to get the total record count from detailed excel to summary excelCapture2.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Need to get the record count

Issue has been resolved after i used sequence in the column

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi
I want to know why only one record is processed at a time? and how do you get the record count? Can you upload the full screenshot of your job design?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Hi @sindhurak,

Find the attached mapping. Here I were creating excel file from csv file and then count the number of records in tJava ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileOutputExcel_1_NB_LINE")).

You can find the list of variables in the "Outline" view on the bottom left of your screen.
Let me know  if it helps.

Regards,
Mohit
Five Stars

Hi,

My excel has to read one record at a time because of some job specifications and iterating the excel to read further records. So that makes the problem when I try to count the records.

Five Stars

Hi

Even after using this, I am still getting total count as 1 because it is reading one row at a time. Any other way to resolve this ?

Five Stars

Issue has been resolved after i used sequence in the column