One Star

NB_LINE and tFlowmeterCatcher

Does anyone know if it is possible to manually (and elegantly) send row counts to tFlowMeterCatcher? 

I am working with the ELT components for Oracle and I dont see any possibilities to collect row count information other than by using the global variables NB_LINE. Is it possible to send NB_LINE directly to tFlowMeterCatcher or eventually via tFlowMeter or how would you do it?

Maybe somehow it is possible to raise the event that triggers tFlowMeterCatcher?

Kind regards, Lise
10 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: NB_LINE and tFlowmeterCatcher

Hi Lise 
Why do you want to send manually the number of rows to tFlowToMeterCatcher? This component only works when the connection is monitored. 
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong
Actually my goal is to put row count information in the tFlowMeterCatcher table. If I have the row count information in e.g. NB_LINE, what is the easiest way to put this information, along with the other informations needed (e.g. user, job id) in the table? 
Best regards, Lise
Seventeen Stars

hi,
click on the row you want to manage & and advanced setting of component.
check option 'monitor this connection'
that normally writes informations you need in flow meter table

regards
laurent
One Star

Hi kzone
Thanks! I wasn't aware of this option. I will definitely use this :-)
But when I use ELT component this option is not available. But NB_LINE and NB_LINE_INSERTED is available from e.g. the component tELTOracleOutput. 
Can this somehow be sent to the tFlowMeterCatcher table (without too much effort)?

Seventeen Stars

fix  NB_LINE and NB_LINE_INSERTED in tFixedFlow and propagate infos in a tFlowMeter.
it should normally do the 'job'.

regards
One Star

Hi kzone
I think it is the part "propagate infos in a tFlowMeter" that I am not quite sure how to do ;-) Could you give an example?
Seventeen Stars

apologize Line, i've made my reply too fast ...
could you try to put tFlowMeter between tELTOracle and Oracle output. Never done before, and i'm not realy confident ...
One Star

Nope that is not possible - the ELT components are special that way. No data actually flows through, all activity is performed by the database. The ELT components are only used to descriebe the metadata, and then Talend generates the SQL statement that is sent to the database.
But your suggestion to catch NB_LINE and NB_LINE_INSERTED in a separate subjob would work. I am just not sure how to propagate the infos into a FlowMeter ;-)
One Star

Can anyone help with this?
Community Manager

Hi Lise
As kzone suggested, try this 
...tELTOracleMap....
      |
onsubjobok
      |
tFixedFlowInput--main--tFlowMeter--tLogRow
tFlowMeterCatcher--main--insert into DB or File.
on tFixedFlowInput, get the value of NB_LINE variable and output it so that it can be monitored by tFlowMeter component. Define one column with Integer/int type, and set its value as:
((Integer)globalMap.get("tELTOracleOutput_1_NB_LINE"))

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business