One Star

Mysql DB update/insert: logging rows on error

hi all,
I am trying to update/insert in mysql using tmysqlrow from a script file taken as input. the file  contains inserts and update instructions.
Is it possible to log into a file the insert or update lines that failed whitout stopping the execution of the script (continue to the next update or insert instruction) ?
it seems that with the tmysqlrow the whole script stop at the first error and whe nusing a reject link to a tlogrow for example it does not display the row that failed (it jst displays the error message) . 
thank you for your help
Regards
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Mysql DB update/insert: logging rows on error

If you want to log the process you can go to File -> Edit Project Properties -> log4j option and enable the option by enabling the checkbox in log4j tab.
You can uncheck "die on error" check box from tmysqlrow component to make job to go further even there us an error.
One Star

Hi Folks, 
when we uncheck the die and error option in tsybaseRow or tsybaseoutput  the program runs completely skipping failed update/insert
but i wanted to log row into file which is failed to update/insert 
can some one tell me how to log that?
One Star

You can connect tDie with tsybaseRow or tsybaseoutput with Die on error unchecked. Then you can use tLogcatcher to catch and log the errors.