Multiple temp tables merge into main DB table

Eight Stars

Multiple temp tables merge into main DB table

Hi experts

Is there anyway to merge multiple temp tables into main redshift table?

Pls note that all temp tables have same data type and format.

Thanks
Harshal.
Employee

Re: Multiple temp tables merge into main DB table

Hi Harshal,

Please refer the below stack overflow link for the same.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28413132/can-i-copy-from-one-table-to-another-in-redshift

You can run the command in Talend using the component tRedhsiftRow.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Eight Stars

@nikhiltampi: Thanks for your reply. I have got solution where earlier I was copying all the files into redshift table. That was taking lot of time as my files were in number 20k but very small ones like contained only 10 to 15 records.

To this alternative, I thought I could instead create temp tables instead of creating files and then put all multiple temp tables data into main redshift table. Hope this makes sense now.

The link you gave I’m aware of it. But looking for better option to improve performance of job. Although what you mentioned is correct that I can use insert into command but I have many temp tables which I want to insert into one table.
Eight Stars

@nikhilthampi: I’m looking something for this sort of stuff:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Loading-multiple-table-from-source-into-multi...

The only difference is I have got multiple table to one table.

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.