One Star

Multi User Talend?

Hi, we're a little concerned about having a Talend workspace only on one local computer
a) Does Talend have a web based option?
b) Or can the Talend workspace be in a shared location such as on a web (or local) server that any number of people can access?
Thanks Smiley Happy
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Multi User Talend?

No, a workspace is dedicated to ONE developer at the same time. This limitation is caused by the Eclipse foundation of Talend Studio.
And do not even think about locating the workspace at any other place than your local file system. Otherwise you will learn what the word "slow" really means.
Community Manager

Hi,
Note that the subscription version of Talend includes a multi-user and Shared Repository feature that allows teams to work on the same projects/jobs. Check out the page: www.talend.com/products/data-integration
You can now download the free trial for Talend Enterprise Data Integration that offers such features.
Four Stars

I have downloaded the trial for Talend Enterprise Data Integration, how do I enable shared repository and multi-user support? When I try to open a workspace that is already open I get the basic "this workspace is already in use" message.

Hi Smamm,
With your Talend Enterprise Data Integration product, you can create a connection to the repository on which the project is stored and make sure you have access rights to the project. 
For more information, please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to open a remote project.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.