More than one schema for Db connection

One Star

More than one schema for Db connection

Is it possible to have more than one schema per Db connection?
I have a DB that appears to have quite a few schemas in there and wondered if it was possible. I tried comma separating and also semi colons but it didn't work.
Cheers, Dave.
Community Manager

Re: More than one schema for Db connection

Hi,
I think you have to select a schema. You can't connect to multiple schemas, I think.
Could you detail a bit your need? Why do you need to connect to various schemas at the same time? Do you want to aggregate them?
Seventeen Stars

Hi Davearia,
what do you mean with trying comma separating schemas...
Of course a database can have a lot of schemas, why not, quite normal. You have to set a schema in the connection but that does not mean, you cannot have access to all others. The only thing is for the predefined schema, its tables does not need the schema prefix. If you want read/write to tables from the other schemas, set the schema prefix for the table name and thats it.
It is a bit confusing because the word schema has 2 meanings: 1. The database schema: a container for tables/views and so on, 2. a Talend schema is a collection of columns in a data flow for transfer the content from one component to an other component.
One Star

What I noticed was when I create a Db Connection depending on what schema I select determines what tables are available when you right click the Db Connection and select Retrieve Schema.
Community Manager

Hi
Yes, you can retrieve several schemas under the same DB connection, select all tables or some of tables when retrieve schema. see my screenshot
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong good to know it is possible!