Five Stars

Monitor the execution of a series of Jobs run by a Main Job

Dear all,

i have 60 jobs which i run every morning. i have a Main Job which runs all the 60 Jobs one after the other.

Is there a component which helps me to monitor the execution of all the jobs? i need something which tell me which job is executing (of the 60) in a particular moment.

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Monitor the execution of a series of Jobs run by a Main Job

you can try file -> Edit Project properties And choice like this,

2.PNG1.PNG

Five Stars

thanks, not a bad solution, but i have talend 6.5 and probably we have different style and different settings. If i follow your indications unfortunately i don't have the same layout 

Four Stars

I also use Talend 6.5

1.PNG

Five Stars

ok, but i don't want to execute a query on a database or an output file of log. I need something who helps me to see which is the job running in that moment in the monitor. 

Now, if i Run the main Job, i see only the results after the execution of all the 60 jobs and for me is not good.

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this documentation about:TalendHelpCenter:Executing and monitoring a data integration Job helps?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sam,

There are several way where you can achieve this, however it depends of what kind of information you would like to see as a part of monitoring.

1) As mentioned by other user you can configure project setting in Filemenu-->Edit Project settings-->Job settings as shown below for this you have to use tstatcatcher, tlogcatcher, and tflowmetercatcher in your individual jobs (subjob as well as master job) to capture the event on to the configured DB and the table structure will look like default schema of the txxxxxxcatcher components.  SATS_Logs_Vloumetrics.JPG 

2) You can use Talend AMC (Activity Monitoring console) to monitor the job , however with this approach you can monitor master job only but not all sub jobs you are calling in.

3) Finally Customisation, you can create a generic audit joblets to write the data to a DB table and send email notification in case of failures, you can reuse this across any job your are building. use twarn components at the beginning and ending of the job to capture the details and save it in to a table, PFA images to give you an idea.

thanks

Ashok