Missing repository Items while Building Job

Seven Stars

Missing repository Items while Building Job

I am building a simple talend job, that reads a delimited file. I have created a repository metadata for FileDelimited. When I build and run the job, all works fine. However, when I import the BUILD job items into Talend Open Studio, I get a prompt that the items are updated to "Built-in". 
When I am building the jobs, it is not giving me an option to select any meta-data information. Am I missing anything? 
Seventeen Stars

Re: Missing repository Items while Building Job

I guess you mean you import the items from a exported job build right?
In this case it is clear because the exported job does not carry the items from the meta data section. A job always knows all values it needs and has a reference to the metadata elements. If this reference cannot be found the job declares the variables or schemas as build-in.
Seven Stars

I guess you mean you import the items from a exported job build right?
In this case it is clear because the exported job does not carry the items from the meta data section. A job always knows all values it needs and has a reference to the metadata elements. If this reference cannot be found the job declares the variables or schemas as build-in.

Let me rephrase. When you build a job, you have ability to include sources. So, what I usually do, I build job, deploy it and execute it. All is good. 
However, when I import the job in studio from the build (which has sources), it does not contain the metadata. 
Now, if I export the jobs with "dependencies", all metadata info is saved.
a. What am I doing wrong while doing a build and importing it back from sources? 
b. How can I build jobs on a standalone basis from talend exported job? 
Seventeen Stars

The option "with dependencies" is an option available in the Item Export not in the Build Job function.
If you export a build job and include here the sources I am pretty sure the meta data are not included. If you import these items in a separate repository - obviously the schemas and context variables have to change to build-in. 
You question b is not clear for me. In the studio you can export a standalone job and I thought you already did that.
If you mean how to build a job without the studio - sorry this is not possible yet. In the enterprise edition you can export a Build Job with Ant or Maven scripts included to build the job from the exported Java source code for the job.
Seven Stars

The option "with dependencies" is an option available in the Item Export not in the Build Job function.
If you export a build job and include here the sources I am pretty sure the meta data are not included. If you import these items in a separate repository - obviously the schemas and context variables have to change to build-in. 
You question b is not clear for me. In the studio you can export a standalone job and I thought you already did that.
If you mean how to build a job without the studio - sorry this is not possible yet. In the enterprise edition you can export a Build Job with Ant or Maven scripts included to build the job from the exported Java source code for the job.

Its just that we have 2 separate teams working on Talend Open Studio. I usually provide the second team with a build. Sometimes they import that to troubleshoot information. So, they ask me if something was missing in the builds (because of the popup saying changing of components to Built-in).
This clarifies. I thought I was doing something wrong whilst building the jobs!
Thank you!