Missing jars:jboss-serialization.jar

One Star

Missing jars:jboss-serialization.jar

I have been building and testing a job quiote successfully. However, I have just started receiving a warning when I build and run the job regarding a missing jar
In the log file under \workspace\.metadata I see the following exception
org.talend.commons.exception.BusinessException: Missing jars:jboss-serialization.jar
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.handleMissingJarsForProcess(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:619)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.sortClasspath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:530)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessorUtilities.computeLibrariesPath(JavaProcessorUtilities.java:379)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.updateLibraries(DefaultRunProcessService.java:196)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.updateLibraries(RunProcessService.java:167)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:495)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:420)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1095)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$1.run(RunProcessContext.java:487)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:507)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1162)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.exec(RunProcessContext.java:459)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.ProcessComposite.exec(ProcessComposite.java:1314)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.views.ProcessView$RunAction.run(ProcessView.java:649)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ui.actions.RunProcessAction.run(RunProcessAction.java:58)
at org.talend.designer.core.debug.JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate$1.run(JobLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:141)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
I can ignore the warning and successfully run the job but I would like to understand what component is requring this jar and why? I cannot see that I introduced anything different to previous sub jobs to cause this? Is there a way to identify the component that requires it without having to post my whole job?
I should add that when looking at the Modules view tab I can see that it lists this jar being required for tAdvancedXMLMapHash and tAdvancedHash, which I have not even got installed yet alone in use! See attached image.
Thanks,
ceej
One Star

Re: Missing jars:jboss-serialization.jar

In Talend components may reference other components, so that you might reuse functionality and tAdvancedHash is used by tMap for lookup flows, this could be responsible for the dependency you see.
The error "org.talend.commons.exception.BusinessException: Missing jars" is kind of a mystery to me too. Until now I could resolved it by rebuilding the workspace or delete some cache files (make backups Smiley Wink) like <talend>/configuration/ComponentsCache.javacache

Re: Missing jars:jboss-serialization.jar

Hi,
Please take a look at document Identify required external modules and Install external modules.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.