One Star

MetaServlet API RESTful WebService?

Hello,
I was wondering if there is any possibility or documentation on how to use the MetaServlet API as a real webservice using HTTP requests? The only thing I can see is that I have to use a command line wrapper shell script! Imho this is not a REST webservice as mentioned in the documentation.
Best regards,
emanrov
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: MetaServlet API RESTful WebService?

I would be very interested in this as well.
One Star

*bump* just in case anyone knows this. So.... nevermind for now i am using the metaservlet shell script until maybe someone offers some knowledge ...
One Star

If you look at the parameters passed on the URL when a request is made, you'll see that it's BASE64 encoded.
Decoding it, you'll see that it's nothing more than a JSON string (sadly, including the password), and the contents match what you pass in on the MetaServlet command line.
I'm using v4.2.3, so the capabilities I'm using are limited compared to v5, and I haven't yet looked at v5 for this.
Does this give you a good starting point? When I get a v5 environment configured and can test it more, I'll create a blog post about it (and link here).
One Star

Thank you! That IS a good start! I am looking forward for your blog post. Thanks in advance!