Six Stars

Merge git Development to Master Branch via Talend Studio

We are using bitBucket as our source code repository in talend. We are trying to follow below best practice suggested by Talend & I have one question on Merging

Below diagram shows that we should have multiple branches in Git as below: 

• Master (to keep final production source code after development & testing is done on development branch)
  • Development (this git branch is used for actual development)
    • Feature (local branches that only exist on local developer’s machine, not on Git – correct?)

Git Branches.png

Reference : https://help.talend.com/reader/GDDhoNyPTrERkrITzE6qPQ/QhAXF8ijSOHq~lhrVCoLKQ

Now we want to follow this scenario however we have question on merging Development branch code to master branch – how do we do that?

• Can we merge Development branch to Master branch using Talend studio?
  • Or Do we have to do this outside of talend studio that is use bitBucket to merge branches (may be using create pull request)
    • If we have to follow this scenario then How do we handle Merge conflicts outside of Talend studio something like below, I mean this is impossible to manage since most of the files are like this?mrege conflict.png

Could you please guide us in right direction, we are using Talend enterprise version 6.4.1 with TAC.

Thanks,

Nimesh

• Data Integration
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Merge git Development to Master Branch via Talend Studio

Not sure how much help I can be since our team is new to this also.  We are starting minimal by just having a master and using tagging for certain milestones, branching when necessary for larger features and then merging it back to the master.

In the scenario below I think you would be able to merge Development with Master within Talend Studio by

• switching to the local Master branch
  • execute a Pull and Merge Branch
  • select the Development branch (within the popup that allows you to select a branch to merge with)
  • do conflict resolution, etc
  • execute a Push to update the remote Master
4 REPLIES
Six Stars

@xdshi Could you please help us with this issue & guide us in right direction?

I would really appreciate your response on this.

Thanks,

Nimesh

Six Stars

Not sure how much help I can be since our team is new to this also.  We are starting minimal by just having a master and using tagging for certain milestones, branching when necessary for larger features and then merging it back to the master.

In the scenario below I think you would be able to merge Development with Master within Talend Studio by

• switching to the local Master branch
  • execute a Pull and Merge Branch
  • select the Development branch (within the popup that allows you to select a branch to merge with)
  • do conflict resolution, etc
  • execute a Push to update the remote Master

Hi,

Which is talend subscription solution you are using? Have you already created a case on talend support portal?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks @mayo, this solution works for us.

@xdshi, We are using 6.4 enterprise version.