Four Stars

Memory Run issue : Can't connect to remote monitoring server

Hello everyone, 

I would like to check the amount of memory taken by my job when I run it and I saw the the feature "Memory Run" was what I needed. 

My problem is, when i try to run the job in Memory run, i get the following error in a pop-up box : "Can't connect to the remote monitoring server". 

I saw on some posts that changing the period to search running JVM's in Preference > Tools to 1000 ms could solve the issue but it didn't. 

For info, I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.4.1.20170623_1246) on windows 7 64 bits and my connection is local.

I tried to do it with both JRE and JDK version 1.8.144 and 1.8.161

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Regards, 

TheoBen

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: Memory Run issue : Can't connect to remote monitoring server

Hello,

Are you running everything on localhost? Have you tried restarting the studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina, 

Sorry for the delay, 

Yes i'm running everything on localhost.

So far I've tried : 

-Many JRE and JDK versions : 1.8.0_161, 1.8.0_144, 1.8.0_121, 1.8.0_111 and 1.7.0_21

-Changing all settings regarding java in windows>preferences and project settings

-Restarting TOS and sometimes computer between every changes

-Setting "windows>preference>tools>Period to search JVMs on localhost" to different values such as 800ms, 1000ms, 2000ms, 3000ms and 5000ms. (currently 1000ms)

-Setting the Garbage Collector Pace to default and 30 sec.

So far still the same problem : Job running well but a warning popup saying "Can't connect to remote monitoring server" and no graphs under the Execute button.

Thank you for your help.

best regards, 

TheoBen

Hello,

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18501.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.