Two Stars

Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

We are trying to connect to Active MQ to Put and Read messages. Is there a way to configure maximum redelivery count to indicate number of retries before a message is backed out to DLQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component.

6 REPLIES
Eleven Stars

Re: Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 12.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 12.36.39 PM.png

are You looking for this?

-----------
Two Stars

Re: Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

As per ActiveMQ documentation, maximum redelivery (retry for a message) is configuration at connection level.  I tried setting it at Message level but didn't work.  After default 6 retries, the message in DLQ looks like this. I am referring to the circled parameter here... If there's a way to set it using talend Mom components.  The other jms parameter in screenshot "maximumRedeliveries = 0" was set manually while storing message to queue and seems like ignored.

Eleven Stars

did You test settings from screenshot?

I do not know - how to simulate redelivery for test

-----------
Two Stars

Yes, sorry the screenshot didn't attach properly.  here, "maximumRedeliveries" with value of 0 is what I configured as JMS output property while writing message to queue. However it was still retried 6 times and finally message landed in DLQ with these headers. If you notice the circled parameter in dlq failure cause, it states that was retried 6 times.

ActiveMqRedeliveryCount.PNG

Eleven Stars

I mean - properties from my screenshot (in Talend)

do You know - how to force redelivery?

-----------
Two Stars

I can see the message being retried max 6 times on failure. 

redelivery will occur automatically if there is a failure in the job that consumes message of the queue as long as redelivery count is not 0 and Use Transaction is selected in MomConnection.

I am looking at ways to override the max redelivery count.