Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

Four Stars

Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

We are trying to connect to Active MQ to Put and Read messages. Is there a way to configure maximum redelivery count to indicate number of retries before a message is backed out to DLQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component.

Twelve Stars

Re: Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 12.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 12.36.39 PM.png

are You looking for this?

-----------
Four Stars

Re: Maximum redlivery count for activeMQ using tMomInput or tMomConnection component

As per ActiveMQ documentation, maximum redelivery (retry for a message) is configuration at connection level.  I tried setting it at Message level but didn't work.  After default 6 retries, the message in DLQ looks like this. I am referring to the circled parameter here... If there's a way to set it using talend Mom components.  The other jms parameter in screenshot "maximumRedeliveries = 0" was set manually while storing message to queue and seems like ignored.

Twelve Stars

did You test settings from screenshot?

I do not know - how to simulate redelivery for test

-----------
Four Stars

Yes, sorry the screenshot didn't attach properly.  here, "maximumRedeliveries" with value of 0 is what I configured as JMS output property while writing message to queue. However it was still retried 6 times and finally message landed in DLQ with these headers. If you notice the circled parameter in dlq failure cause, it states that was retried 6 times.

ActiveMqRedeliveryCount.PNG

Highlighted
Twelve Stars

I mean - properties from my screenshot (in Talend)

do You know - how to force redelivery?

-----------
Four Stars

I can see the message being retried max 6 times on failure. 

redelivery will occur automatically if there is a failure in the job that consumes message of the queue as long as redelivery count is not 0 and Use Transaction is selected in MomConnection.

I am looking at ways to override the max redelivery count.