Two Stars

Mask Password in Integration Cloud Connection Parameter

Hello Folks,

I'm new to Talend and I developed a job in Studio which uses a context group for connection details (user name, passwords, etc) and I deployed it to the Integration Cloud. When I add connection details, I noticed the password parameter remains in plain text. Is there a way to mask the password from the UI?

Thanks,

DL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Mask Password in Integration Cloud Connection Parameter

Set the password context variable types to "password".

Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Set the password context variable types to "password".

Rilhia Solutions
Two Stars

Thank you for the quick reply! It was set to "password" type in Studio but when the parameter was deployed to Integration Cloud, for some reason it wasn't recognizing it as a password type. It was resolved by deleting the deployed password parameter and then re-adding and locking it. 

Thanks,

DL 

Employee

Using Password parameters is not the perfect solution. Instead you should create connection parameters following the pattern:

connection_<conntype>_<param1..n>

This will allow you to set different values for each environment AND also store them encrypted in Talend Cloud

Check https://help.talend.com/reader/V~ae4aI~wHQ9tnCzEwYtMg/sfMLbKRYkQEzgaKZaDBHVg for full details

Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
Fifteen Stars

This and the "parameter_" feature need A LOT more noise made about them. It took me ages to find out how to set parameters for Jobs in TIC and then I discovered it only by accident and a lot of Googling.

Rilhia Solutions